Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Put on your running shoes, clothes....

Good Morning,

This is my first ever blog and I'm as nervous as a new bride. Ok, I was never nervous getting married, but it makes me laugh to write that. I'm Trice. I'm 43, and have 4 children. I have been in the Army and they make you run. Now I run because I love to run and it makes me a nicer person. My whole family knows that Mommy is so much nicer when she comes back from a run even if I was running in the rain, even if cars tried to run me over, even if it was only 30 minutes or 2 hours. They have also figured out that I'm a little less nice if I took a child in the running stroller and had to share the run. I've been the owner of at 7 running strollers over the past 12 years of Motherhood. I've run with two children in the heat of Texas in the double when my husband could not pinch hit. I've run in Germany in 1996 with one of the first Baby Joggers on a Volksmarch (10K) and had Germans chasing me down trying to buy my stroller. Now who would give up a stroller in the middle of a run? I've run on Normandy Beach commemorating D Day with both babies in a double. I'll keep this short today, but love to talk about running. I joined this blog to give my neighbors a break. They are tired of talking to me as I come in from a run and want to talk about running. My neighbor is running the Army Ten Miler this weekend. I signed up for it in 2001 and it was canceled after 9-11. I flew to DC and ran 10 miles by myself. I still have to get there for that race.

1 comment:

SeeMommyRunandBoxandCraft said...

YOU ARE A ROCKSTAR!!! Seriously, you have done so much and have so many more exciting stories to live and to tell.