Thursday, October 04, 2007

Motivation

My biggest challenge is motivation. This morning I woke up and my first thought was, 'Ugh! Today's a running day!' (I alternate weight training with running) Running days mean suiting up and getting out there and noting each muscle that is not performing up to optimal levels. (Upper inner thighs--hate it!)
But I did it and I do it because I want my kids to see me doing it...I want them to know that Mama's a badass. I want my daughter to aim for my standards and I want my son to look for my qualities in a partner.
And now, of course, I have this blog as a motivator. I feel connected now, not like it's me against the world anymore.
So, Run, Sisters, Run!

3 comments:

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

Good for you and I love that your main motivation is your children. I feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

I think it's great, but your main motivation should be YOU. As I have found, the children and their motivation are all bonus points. My two preschoolers sit on the porch waiting for me to get back so they can run with me (down the block and back). They talk about getting in their "run" and so mommy has to run too.

Anonymous said...

Without my children, there is no ME and I would not be the ME I was before my children for all the money in the world.