Friday, October 12, 2007

For the sake of argument...

Let's just say I quit running about a year ago, the morning of the Chicago marathon. I blamed IBS and a chilly morning, but I skipped the MCM the next week...and by December started to pack on 20 pounds. I was convinced running made me fatter than I would be with, say, just yoga or Pilates. I think I misjudged. Even with a trainer and some help from Jenny Craig, my weight kept soaring.
Now I realize the weight gain was likely from not running, but there's nothing I can do about it! I'm 20 weeks pregnant with #2, and pretty sick. Walking is a struggle most days, and I have a job and a 3 year old, so even on a rare day that I feel okay, I couldn't risk wearing myself out, or worse yet, getting sicker.
Instead, I am obsessed with running. It's all I want to do! I see runners everywhere, and adorable running clothes. I realized today, I don't even own a pair of sneakers! And I have know idea where my ipod is! Even more than a margarita, I want to run...and I am counting the days!

No comments: