Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Homework is Hard

I'm going to go ahead and put this in black and white: I must be the worst mother in the world not to mention that I must not be very bright because I had to google an answer to my son's second grade homework. Second grade people!! I'm so glad I looked at his homework before he sat down to do it so that I could see the word in question and get my fingers typing! As a result, when he looked at me with those adorable big brown eyes and said "Mommy, what does estivation mean?" I was able to look back at him as only June Cleaver could and say "Why dear, estivation is a rare state of dormancy similar to hibernation, but that occurs in the summertime!" I can hardly wait to see what he brings home in 3rd grade.

2 comments:

S. Kimzey Daniels said...

Google has got to be mankind's greatest invention...just wait until your 6th grader asks you who wrote the Constitution!

Shelley said...

Holy cow! "Estivation"????? My girls are 4 so I had better start studying now!