Thursday, February 28, 2008

You can judge a good woman...

...by how many well-dressed children she has and the contentment of of her husband.

Are you ready for a giggle or two? Check out The Good Wife Guide published by Cider Mill Press Book Publishers of Kennebunkport, Maine. I have never seen anything so hilarious in my entire life. It's a, get this, board book that lists 19 rules for keeping a happy husband, and urges the reader to 'be all the wife he needs'.

Now, I did get these rules in a fwded e-mail and I thought the e-mail was cute--right before I deleted it without forwarding it. But the book...

Last night I tried some of the rules out on my husband. When he failed to respond, I chided myself (out loud) for being such a bad wife and resolved to study the rules right then and there. Plopping down on the sofa, I opened my new "study manual". My husband just looked at me like he usually does when strangeness overcomes my senses. After studying the cover for a moment, however, he busted out laughing.

Check out Cider Mills Press, while you're at it. Although the website Cider Mill Press isn't up yet, there is a prompt to email John, the founder, which I did and found him to be a completely decent human being. He'll send you the catalog as a PDF if you ask him. It's worth your time. Great titles. Great line of books. Excellent humor. Which we all need.


https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_/105-8683825-9890001?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=The+Good+Wife+Guide

Sorry, Ladies. I'm trying to get the link to go straight to the book but can't seem to get it done. Maybe crumbs can enlighten me...

1 comment:

Trice said...

I think Good Housekeeping did this in the 1950s and said to go put make-up on (ha); have garlic/onions in a frying pan to make the kitchen smell good (I always wonder about how you would explain no meal but a good smell).
I'll go look at this-- too funny.
Thanks.