Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes!!!!!

I couldn't wait for her to read...I just knew she'd be a bookworm, just like I am. (I taught myself to read at the age of four) The love of books was slow to instill itself in her but at long last she can often be found with her nose deep in the pages of a book.
Same thing with running...I couldn't wait. She resisted. But this weekend she signed up for next year's 7th grade classes and guess what? She signed up for Cross Country!!!

YES!!!!

"I wonder how much running stuff you're going to get me, Mom."

"There's this girl, she carries, like, this bag, this big bag with all these logos, and it's full of stuff. She carries it everywhere. Am I going to have to carry one of those bags and like put it in my locker?"

"I hear the coach is mean."

Me: "I'll take care of the coach."

Her: "I don't like it when you do that."

Ah, a wonderful journey has begun.

1 comment:

carla said...

thats so cool.

I often gaze at my two year old and wonder aloud:
WHO WILL YOU BE?

Carla