Friday, February 15, 2008

Weather Woes.......

I love the on-line log.....BUT......this weather is not helping meet my goals! I am still hauling my butt to the gym treadmill but that sooooo sucks. Who wants to run in place in front of a huge mirror in front of you so you can contemplate how huge your thighs look? PLUS~~~~those numbers move soooo slow. Three miles feels like an eternity. Then you get someone who gets on the machine RIGHT NEXT TO YOU when there are at least seven others to choose from. Of course, this person usually is breathing super hard, wearing blue jeans and non-running shoes while attempting to run an eight minute mile.......... and then you wonder if your workout will be interupted because you will need to administer CPR to his dumb ***!! You couldn't just call out for help and leave since others there know your occupation..................Can you tell I am also PMSing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah.. I agree with you.. I'm in the midwest and it seems like the weather will never break.. Here's hoping for an early spring (next week would be nice!)

runningfor3 said...

Passing time on the treadmill is easier if you play some games as you run. I'll start relatively slow and up one beep on the speed each segment of time, say every .1 miles or every .25 miles until I'm maxed and then go back down at the same rate, for example. Then you are only ever looking ahead a couple tenths rather than 3 whole miles and you get a good speed workout which is more valuable than slogging along.
TV also helps.