I live pretty close to the end of the course (actually, watching the medley of people go by a few years back got me into running, but that's another tale) so I plan on getting back home in time to help them not bonk at "the wall." In doing so, I scoured the internet for some "inspirational" words for posters/signs. Since I my eyes began to water (then again, Publix commercials make me weep), I thought I'd share ones I enjoyed.
- Pain is just weakness leaving your body (silly, but I pondered that one for TEN miles at last years marathon and it got me through).
- You made it to the START, you will make it to the FINISH
- This mile marker is farther than most will ever reach.
- Cold Beer & Hot Showers, Cold Beer & Hot Showers, Cold Beer & Hot Showers
- Pain is temporary, Pride is forever
- Relax, Power, Glide
- 1, 3, 5, 2, 4 (I found counting out of order over and over again made me concentrate hard on the numbers not the shin splints)