Thursday, December 06, 2007

Road Trip!

Ah - the glory of the open road - yeah, right! The girls, my father and I took an 8 hour road trip to Mississippi this past week. What is it about a road trip that gets us all excited? I mean, it is hours and hours of time in an enclosed space - hmmm...might be a great idea for a reality show. Nope - Mtv's Road Rules already has that covered, but that is with all scantily clad 20-somethings. I could DEFINITELY put on a new twist...30-somethings with children and attitude...yep - I'm going to the networks with this idea!

Road trips in college meant great times listening to "mixed tapes" (I'm dating myself), eating fast food and telling your life story to your traveling buddies (typically a bunch of girlfriends). Now road trips take on a whole new meaning. Shoot - it takes more time for me to plan a road trip with my twins than to actually complete the road trip. My, my...these times they are a-changin'.

And speaking of roads...I'm just about ready to start the 12-week Hal Higdon 1/2 marathon training program that I have been staring at on the inside of my kitchen cabinet. Starting the first week of January it will be exactly 12 weeks til the Music City Marathon. Yeehaw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next road trip, I get shotgun!

just4ofus said...

I ran the 1/2 music city marathon last year.
It was fun and a good course.