Sunday, December 30, 2007

Gettin' Back in the Groove Post Holiday

So how did everyone do? I know we haven't made it past New Year's Eve yet, but most of the holiday eating-season is behind us. Wow. I, for one, am glad it's done! I am so tired of massive meals! I'm sure I'm like a lot of people who have to do multiple-celebrations...you know, one with the parents, one with the step-mom and dad, step-dad and mom, step-grandparent and other, um, grandparent....you get the point. My kids are over-gifted, I'm over stuffed and in need of some veggies!

I've somehow managed to keep up some running during the past week. Leading up to Christmas was hard because of all the errands but once we got to the big day, getting out for a run was a huge stress reliever for me. I got in my longest run ever just before the holiday of 10 miles! I'm pretty pumped about that one still. I think knowing that I was able to do that helped me stay active through the following week and was able to do another 10 mile run and then some. I'm still amazed at what getting out for a run can do for me mentally, not just physically. I truly am a better wife and mother if I'm able to get that me-time in especially knowing that it is time spent making myself better physically and working for that big overall half marathon goal. I think that is something that some day, my kids will be proud of. Happy New Year to you all!!

No comments: