Monday, December 17, 2007

Holiday Baking

Are you guys baking for the holidays? I am a horrible baker. Horrible! But! I am thrilled to say that I have found the perfect no-bake holiday treat! It's perfect for me because as I said, it's no-bake and from what I can tell so far (and I've made a few batches!) it's impossible to screw up. I'm willing to bet that I'm the last mom on earth to have heard of this so bear with me if you've been making this up for years, I'm just so stinkin' excited!

No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafer cookies (about 45)
1 lb powder sugar
1 cup melted butter
12 ounces milk chocolate chips

Mix peanut butter, sugar, wafers and melted butter together. Press into a 9x13 dish.
Melt chocolate over a double broiler or in the microwave. Spread chocolate over peanut butter mixture. Cover and chill for 2 hours.

Oh. My. Gosh. It is so rich and so good you will not believe it! I am cutting them into little triangles and packing them up for last minute neighbor gifts. And I think I'll need to add a bit of extra cardio to combat all the sampling I'm doing!

1 comment:

carla said...

IM IN FOR MAKING THESE!

thanks.

and my butt thanks you!


not :)

C.