Thursday, November 01, 2007

Curse to All the Halloween Candy in this House

Holy cow! Who allowed these children to go trick-or-treating!?! Oh crap, that would be me.

Thing 2 (I have twin 4 year old girls) pooped out on us pretty early, but Thing 1 was like an Energizer bunny (dressed up like a Bengals football player - my dainty flower) and there was NO WAY she was going to stop. She made THREE - yes, 3 - trips to areas around our subdivision (properly supervised) for candy and now has a large pumpkin FULL of goodies. Nothing like a large orange ball full of temptation placed right smack in the middle of your kitchen table to make someone like me go nuts. I'm about to go all Michael Myers on that candy engorged pumpkin and take an ax to every last piece.

hmmm...that's a bit violent...but I am on steroids for bronchitis so I'll blame these emotional outbursts on the 'roids! Think I can use that excuse to get myself an hour or so of free time when the hubby gets home? Yep - gonna try it.

I just hope I'm over this soon so I can start running again and burn off that bloomin' (I'm from the South y'all) mini-Snickers (or two) I crammed in my mouth a few minutes ago.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe some grandparents would be willing to help you out and take some of that candy off of your hands (hint,hint). I am sure it will still be fresh by the 12th!

Kimberly said...

Last year we initiated the Great Pumpkin. He swoops in, takes the majority of the candy to the office, or hides it, and leaves a non-edible treat. It works great!

Courtney said...

Don't feel bad at all! I ate M&M's, Skittles, Starburst and two pieces of cake in celebration of one of my boss' 60th birthday! Talk about sugar overload! By the way, take the grandparents up on their offer so you can rest and get well!!!! Let me know if I can help out in any way!

Trice said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not alone. I cannot believe how much candy came this year. My poor 9 year old had it taken away today. I could not take it any longer. I really hate that every holiday is so candy filled. You'll be happy to know made my children and the neighbor children go on a 3 mile run for me and bike ride for them. One 7 year old ran the distance too:)