Saturday, August 09, 2008

Let's do a SMR top 10!!

Anyone want to contribute to "Top ten reasons NOT to run in the heat of the day"?

I'll start with a recap of my AM today....
I awoke bright and early to get in a run while also running an errand to the local ACE hardware to pick up picture hangers ( I Love to multi-task....it makes me feel so smug! HA, HA day, I got two things done!!!). However, instead of donning my running shoes right away, I got on the computer and had some coffee......over 2 hours later, I headed out....in Eastern NC, in Aug, after 9:45....
More than half way through the 6 mile round trip, I found myself really hot and obviously it was affecting my normally "good" judgement......I found myself running on the roadside, trying to get closer to the traffic for the incredibly great feeling breeze the vehicles created as they drove past............I really need to go out earlier!!!

5 comments:

Crumbs said...

Funny post!
I totally run on the main drag for the "breeze"!!!

Another reason? You look absolutely unhinged as you zig-zag across the road jumping from shade patch to shade patch.

Stephanie C. said...

That's a really great idea.
(And I agree with crumbs up above. I love the part about running next to traffic. I might just keep that in mind the next time I get myself out there and run. Oh gosh. )

Unknown said...

"Top ten reasons NOT to run in the heat of the day"

um. because it's too hot?!?! LOL Admittedly, I'm not very creative...

channelmarker said...

My other reason ( aside from the not wanting to collapse from the heat!!)
Less opportunities to walk/ rest because everyone driving by with the a/c on, sipping super big gulp slushies are watching the crazy lady running.....never want to start to walk with an audience!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...oooo...I know:
Because of the self-defeatist attitude that comes in not performing at your best?
or how about a sweaty cr***h?