Thursday, August 07, 2008

Finally

Thanks for the tips on getting back into the running groove after a week long break. Today was finally the day. I started to notice I was getting more and more inpatient with my boys and getting on them about stuff that normally wouldn't bother me...well, not enough to yell anyway! Also, the coffee pot brewing a new pot at 4:00 in the afternoon (every day!) because I was feeling so sluggish was a bit of a sign as well that I needed to get those shoes back on and give it a go. I parked the kids in front of a table full of star wars figures and hopped on the treadmill. It was the best thing for us all. I now have 5 miles under my belt, a smile on my face and no need for coffee! How did I get through the stresses of every day mommy-hood before running?

1 comment:

Crumbs said...

I'm with you! My 3 1/2 year old asked me to go running yesterday..."because you are nice after."