Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fall Frenzy

It has been forever since I've blogged. I'm hoping I'm not the only mom here who is feeling the frazzled effects of September and all it brings. The start of a new school year is always a hectic time but this year it seems I've been running around like a crazy person more than 'normal'. I've now got two kids in elementary school - my youngest now in kindergarten and my oldest in 3rd grade - which is great but brings along a routine totally new to me. Feed the kindergartner lunch at 10:30? That alone is a strange thing for both of us to get used to. Also this year, both boys are involved in sports. I have a very crazy (and I must say time consuming) baseball schedule for my older son and a soccer schedule for my youngest taped to the fridge. Oh, then there is the homework that seems to have doubled in size from second to third grade and I think they are 'easing' us into it. Then there is the running. I have a half marathon to run in two and a half weeks. Must fit those miles in! Nothing like an extra bit of stress to get you through the day. Fortunately, the running helps keep my head (somewhat) clear. Getting out there on the trail helps me organize all my thoughts and mental 'to-do list'. Until I'm done...then it all comes rushing back at me and that old feeling of panic sets in. Hope you all are enjoying your September!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And just think, only 15 or so more years until those sweet cherubs are out the door...just like in a race: pace yourself!