Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Crumbs: I'm Home! Oh, God, I'm Home!

I've been on tremendous 10 day vacation to Portland, Oregon.
Oh, Pacific Northwest, how I love you so!
You bike, you run, you walk, you kayak, you hike, you have public transportation!

Anyhow, I only slipped one delicious run in, but my training took a different twist. I had to carry my 43" inch tall, 45 lb 3 year old (yes...he measures as a 5 year old) around A LOT. I mean for many, many, many hours....day after day after day after day, etc. My arms & shoulders are still sore, but definitely stronger. Not the workout I'd recommend, but hey, just making lemonade.

Unfortunately, it was after several weeks of...well...casually exercise (to be generous), that I have recalled that I am registered for a sprint Triathlon this weekend. In 5 days, to be more precise.
Oh, God, I'm home...and have to compete complete!

So my training will effectively be backward: taper, taper, taper, panic & brick workouts 5 days in a row.

If I don't write by next Monday, send help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for popping by my blog :)

Hey, good luck with the sprint tri!! Hope you have fun.