Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Maddie!

The other evening my hunk-a-hunk-a-burnin-love hubbie and I were sitting in the hof enjoying the cool evening air when he remarked that he had noticed my lack of use of his Walkman. (Yes, I said Walkman. We are the beautiful ages we are and we think we're better people for it.)
It's true. I haven't been utilizing the Walkman hook-up on my Jeep jogger because the batteries ran out. Instead I've been listening to my slider phone radio.
Feeling guilty, I changed the batteries. To see if it worked, I put in a CD by Evanescence. As soon as the music started, my wonderful dog perked up her ears and got a really excited expression on her face. Yes, my dog has expressions.

Wow.

"Are you feeling it?" I asked her.

So today we went for a run. Me, Maddie and my beautiful son in the jogger. At first I listened to the radio through my ear buds and Maddie just wandered off into the trees and did her doggie thing. As soon as I switched to Evanescence, bam, she was there beside me, pacing me. I mean, right there beside me, following the trail with me, turning in tandem. It was amazing. When I stopped, she stopped, grinning as I hooked the leash back on her.

I love my dog.

1 comment:

Crumbs said...

What a personality your dog has!
Have you tested out other songs on her?