Monday, January 26, 2009

Feet Pain

I've been experiencing pain in both of my feet for a while now and, like most moms, keep pushing it to the back burner and ignoring it. I finally decided enough was enough and made an appointment with a Podiatrist. I was getting concerned that the additional miles I'm putting in while preparing for the marathon might be doing more harm. Well, my appointment was today and I have to admit, I was fully expecting my x-rays to show something major. As it turns out, I'm simply an overpronator. He ordered orthotics for me which should be in in about two weeks. Really? Could that be it? Both of my ankles are killing me! And I get occasional shooting pains along the big toe area. Surly there is something more!
Since getting home, I've spent way too much time on the computer and I have to say, most everything I've read about overpronation fits me perfectly. I'm curious, have any of you experienced this? And if so, did a simple orthotic help?

No comments: