Monday, June 15, 2009

This Evening's Spectacle

This evening's spectacle, down a quiet little neighborhood street:

My 4-year-old boy riding a WAY-TOO-BIG bike recovered from a dumpster whose training wheels screeched like fingernails down a chalkboard; all the while he was growling screaming out car engine sounds and pretending to get blown-out tires.

Next to him: me and my 23 week pregnant belly slogging* along soaked in sweat, chanting "Go Lightning McQueen Go!" or "Peet Stop"** in a really bad Italian accent or "Bring on the confetti!"***

Talk about a circus!





*runningfor3's fabulous term for slow jogging
** Guido anyone?
***Chick...and yes, thanks for asking: We HAVE seen the movie Cars 1084 times.

1 comment:

Caitlin Adams said...

Love it! My 5-year-old son would be all about dinosaurs (Okay, you're a baby velociraptor). I have a feeling my 2-year-old son will be all about Cars (the movie, the things...). Now If I could get the older one to accompany me on runs...