Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ashamed

I have to confess.....I haven't been blogging much because I haven't been running much......and I too am suppose to be running my 1st 1/2 marathon in less than two weeks. I have a plethera of excuses.......husband works in another state M-F, Four kids, Moving to said other state in a month, trying to get house rented, hurt my knee "again".....blah, blah, blah.........

Part of me wonders if I should just bail and try for one in the fall or if I should just go do it and if I gotta walk some, I gotta walk some.

I am so proud of you other first timers who diligently did your training......jealous too!!!! Therefore......so ashamed................

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't be ashamed. It is what it is and from where I'm standing, your schedule does look a tad full. Take care of your kids, get moved, relax and run that race in the fall. Don't give yourself more stress. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Its all about YOU.

would you be disappointed to walk some? would it all just be toomuchrightnow? SKIP IT.

if it might spur you on to more training AND be fun? DO IT.

Im no help--I know.
It's just so *personal* a decision and any one you make is 'right.'

Anonymous said...

Think of 'Self' first--overtraining when you are already feeling stressed might not be such a good thing. You're supposed to enjoy your training not get stressed about it. However, exercise, however much you do is good for destressing so do it when you can and if you're not ready now, try for the next event in the fall. Good Luck.

**about four kids--me too, time just slips away if we're not careful :-)

channelmarker said...

THanks everyone!! I'm still deciding but your input is very helpful!!

channelmarker said...

THanks everyone!! I'm still deciding but your input is very helpful!!

mkight77 said...

You can do it! You have to represent the rest of the MS who wimped out!!!

Anonymous said...

SO what did you decide?? (I'm behind on reading -- I've been crazy sick!)