Friday, May 25, 2012

Another Second Trimester Workout

At 24 weeks pregnant I am starting to feel the effects. Is it because this is #3? Is it because I am over 40? Who knows! But I am one tired pregnant mama.

At any rate, I am doing my best to keep up with workouts. I had my official "last run" of this pregnancy this past weekend. Yep. Too many potty breaks. As I'm "running" along and getting stressed about whether or not I could squat in a neighbors bushes, I realize I should just chill out and retire the running shoes for a bit. Is it really worth the poison ivy I got on the booty?

However, I am still maintaining a decent routine in the home gym. Here is a fun workout I've been doing once or twice weekly.

10 min. warmup on the elliptical or treadmill.

20 reps of each:

mini jump squats
forward lunge (fingertips on a nearby bench for balance)
elevated push-ups (hands on a bench or chair, etc.)
Side Lunges
Upright Rows using dumbbells or bands
Wide Leg Squats
Tri Dips
Rows with dumbbells or cables or bands

Repeat 2 or 3 times

4 comments:

Sarah G said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

I like your home routine, I think I'll borrow it!

Yo Momma Runs said...

I'm impressed by you moms who run while pregnant. I didn't discover running until after my last pregnancy, but I did try a step class that didn't go so well. Let's just say that jumping was not great for the bladder. I just had to do lots of elliptical!

Unknown said...

I never ran at all when I was pregnant. Of course, at that time in my life I really wasn't working out either. Maybe I should have.

Good for you for keeping it going so long.

Unknown said...

This looks like a great workout! :) I'm trying to lose my baby weight - and I'm glad I found you! :)