Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Sexy, Comfy, Cool

Studly Matthew McConaughey was quoted in the March 13, 2006 US Weekly as saying, "I think people are most sexy when they are not putting on airs...or trying to act like anything other than themselves." I will remember that next time I am out running errands, walking through parking lots in old sweatpants and glancing over my shoulders for those secret cameras from What Not to Wear.
It's not that I always wear sweats. In fact, I usually have on very cute yoga pants! My new job requires me to wear dress shoes about one day a week, and I just don't think stilettos are appropriate for pulling a wagon around the block. I could wear jeans, but, let's face it, even the most generously cut jeans these days would leave a plumber blushing when it comes time to play on the floor with a tot. And I just don't want to deal with fingerpaints on my favorite casual tee.
I am hopeful that most of the people who see me at Whole Foods are thoroughly envious that I just got done/am on my way to working out at the gym while they have to go back to their desks. You see, even if I did not make it to the gym, I try to portray the image that I have. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. However, if you want to nominate me for What Not to Wear, I won't argue.

2 comments:

Caitlin Adams said...

I so badly want to be What Not to Wear -- yet I don't think I dress very badly (though I am in cute yoga pants right now). But I want Susannah and Trinny to make me over, not the American folks. I think I need What Else to Wear.

Kimberly said...

I think the AMerican WNTW people need help from Susannah & Trinny---or at least that long haired guy that used to be on did!
My biggest problem is that I don't want to buy clothes at my current size. I haven't committed to it yet!